SOLARIS Yacht Venue for Dinner Cruises, Weddings and More
Top 5 Ways to Experience a SOLARIS Cruise
The SOLARIS yacht cruises year-round from the Baytowne Marina at the Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort. As the only dining and entertainment yacht in Destin and Northwest Florida, the 125-foot yacht features three decks of indoor and outdoor fun, including an open-air sky deck, covered outdoor seating and spacious indoor spaces with panoramic windows. Guests enjoy sweeping views of the local Destin waters, surrounding beaches and the Sandestin Resort.
Unforgettable memories for many occasions are created weekly on the water. Here are the top ways to experience a SOLARIS cruise:
• Sunset Dinner Cruise – Rated as one of the top things to do in Sandestin by Tripadvisor, SOLARIS dinner cruises offer a three hour dining and dancing voyage perfectly suited for all ages. The SOLARIS is an unforgettable alternative to fine dining restaurants in Destin Florida. Guests embark on a memorable evening that begins with toasting to the sunset on the sky deck. As the SOLARIS cruises the waters, guests indulge in a three-course, chef-prepared fine dining meal from the outdoor or indoor spaces with panoramic windows. Menu favorites include organic chicken, prime steaks, fresh, local seafood and a special children’s menu. Dance under the stars or on the dancefloor to live music. Fireworks dinner cruises happen twice a week in the summer. The SOLARIS is the recent recipient of TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellence Award. We also offer dinner cruise gift cards that never expire so you can give the gift of an unforgettable experience.
• Holidays – SOLARIS specialty cruises have evolved into a time-honored tradition for families to celebrate the holidays. Annual lunch cruises are planned for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day and Thanksgiving. Sandestin Fireworks can be viewed weekly in the summer from the dinner cruises as well as 4th of July and New Year’s Eve.
• Meetings & Corporate Functions – The SOLARIS event planners are known for “thinking outside the ballroom” by planning meetings and corporate functions dockside. The flexible and inspirational spaces on the yacht have been tailored for semi-private or private functions including presentations, conferences, retreats, banquets, meetings, ceremonies, military events and more.
• Events – A seven–year recipient of the Best of the Emerald Coast Award for Weddings and Venues, the SOLARIS yacht venue features 5,300 square feet of luxurious space for up to 150 people. Group rates are available for many events from large bridal events and holiday parties to small anniversaries and birthdays.
The SOLARIS yacht is a unique venue for weddings in Destin Florida – allowing for lots of creativity and unique touches to make it even more memorable. Couples work with our wedding planners to choose from a variety of nautical or coastal themes and colors that they can carry throughout their wedding, including their shoes.
From walking down the aisle on the open air sky deck to dancing the night away on the first deck, the versatile spaces for weddings on the SOLARIS yacht lend the need for some fun and comfortable shoes. Our wedding planners love to see our couples take a unique step in making their shoes a memorable part of their wedding day. Here are some of our wedding planners fave examples of making your wedding shoes a sentimental and fun part of your SOLARIS yacht wedding.
Getting married on a 125 yacht out in the middle of the open waters is a majestic and romantically unique setting for weddings in Destin. More and more SOLARIS couples are using drone videos to capture the unobstructed, 360 degree views of their yacht weddings on the beautiful emerald green waters of Destin Florida.
Drone photography and videos are taking Destin weddings to new heights and continue to be all the rage for SOLARIS yacht weddings. It’s the optimal way to capture a SOLARIS yacht sunset wedding on the sky deck in all its glory. Nothing compares to the aerial footage you get with a drone video. Watch these drone videos below:
Some things our wedding planners caution about drone videos:
1. Noise – the drones can be loud so discuss things with your videography/photographer before. Filming might have to be postponed at certain times to avoid it being a distraction.
2. Have a back up plan – Drones can’t fly in increment / windy weather (luckily, you can also get married in the two indoor spaces of the SOLARIS) and you will want some traditional photos so be sure to have a regular photographer/videographer on hand for the big day as well.
3. Experience – make sure you book an experienced drone videographer. Our wedding planners have a list of preferred vendors who are familiar with the SOLARIS Yacht and can connect you with the right person.
4. Prepare – just like with everything else with the wedding, you want this to be perfect and to your expectations. Make sure to take discuss your vision and expectations with your videographer and do a dry run on the SOLARIS yacht and the wedding planners to ensure a smooth sailing process.
5. Ideal for SOLARIS yacht weddings – Since most SOLARIS yacht weddings in Destin Fla are destination weddings, drone videos are perfect to showcase the entire destination from a 360 degree view. Also, the wide open spaces of the local waters in Destin and Sandestin are the ideal location for drone videos